Gina Lafrazza, PsyD
Degree(s): Psy.D. (Clinical Psychology), M.A. in Clinical Psychology, M.S. in Educational Psychology
Received at: Georgia School of Professional Psychology (2011, 2008) and Florida State University (2005), respectively
Other Credentials: Licensed Psychologist (Pennsylvania and North Carolina)
Clinical Specialties: Grief and loss, chronic and terminal illness, depression and mood disorders, anxiety, life adjustment issues, relationship issues (including divorce), trauma, women’s issues, parenting issues, and couples counseling.
Practicing Since: 2007
- Licensed Psychologist and Owner at LaFrazza Psychological Services, Cary, NC (2013-2017)
- Licensed Psychologist at Lepage Associates, Durham, NC (2011-2013)
- Clinical Competence Examination passed with distinction (highest honor), Georgia School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, 2009
- Academic Commendation, Georgia School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, 2008-2009 academic year
- Academic Commendation, Georgia School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, 2006-2007 academic year
- Summa Cum Laude, Florida State University
Treatment Approach/Philosophy: Clients describe my therapeutic style as empathic, accepting, and genuine. I approach most therapy cases with a two-pronged strategy which includes generating and implementing strategies to offer symptom relief, as well as working to identify and modify root causes for a client’s presenting concerns. I work within an integrative and eclectic therapy model. This means the way I think about and understand people is influenced by several psychological schools of thought (psychodynamic, humanistic/existential, and feminist theories) and furthermore, I use techniques from many different therapeutic approaches. I believe no two clients are the same and therefore therapy works best when I tailor my approach to each individual. I also believe in empowering clients to take ownership of their own therapy by being actively involved in that tailoring process.